Image by Ahd Photography
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and halved
- 8 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup crushed jalapeno and habanero peanut brittle (such as Klondike Candies®) (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the habanero peppers, and cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and discard the peppers, then stir the peaches into the flavored butter. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until the peaches begin to sizzle in the butter, then stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Continue stirring until the peaches are tender and the sugar has turned into a golden brown glaze, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Spoon the peaches into individual bowls. Scoop the ice cream over the peaches, and sprinkle with peanut brittle to serve.