Image by czczcz
Filipino Dessert Recipe – Mango Float
How to make a Tasty Mango Float Dessert
When we talk about desserts one word that will often pop-up is “TASTY”. Speaking of tasty desserts, one of my favorites is the Mango Float. Mango float, is a well known and delicious Filipino dessert that anyone will love. If you love Mangoes, this is the dessert that will make you salivate and cry for more. A tasty dessert that is very convenient if your on a tight budget, but still looking for something to wow your friends at your next party or potluck. Mango float is affordable and it doesn’t take a lot of time to make. See below for the ingredients and procedures for making your own Mango float.
3 ripe mangoes
A couple packages of Graham crackers (honey and chocolate flavor either will work well)
1 can condensed milk
1 can all-purpose cream (heavy cream will work)
1 Plastic or glass dish for your mango float assembly (square or rectangular shape)
Procedures for Making Mango Float
1. Prepare the dish where you will put your Mango float dessert, making sure that it is fully cleaned.
2. Clean and wash the mangoes thoroughly, and peel them using a sharp knife to get rid of the mango skin.Then cut the mangoes meat into thin flat pieces, or whatever you desired.
3. In a clean bowl put the condensed milk and all-purposed cream together, then stir it for a few minutes until it is totally mixed.
4. Fill the bottom part of the dish with graham crackers, if you see empty space that was not filled with crackers, get 2-3 pieces of graham crackers and crush it with your hands and pour it in the unfilled space in the container.
5.Using a spoon, add a decent amount of the mixed condensed milk and cream and spread it on the graham crackers in the dish or Tupperware.
6.Next, flood it with slices of mangoes, then add milk and cream again and spread it evenly.
7.Repeat steps,4,5 and 6.
8. Top layers should be mangoes, then added with condensed milk and cream and spread it with crush grahams.
If you want a little extra special treat you can add a squirt or two of whipping cream to the piece of mango float before you serve it.
While Mangoes are in season this is a great dessert to share with friends and take with you to summer BBQ’s and parties.